Information about the collection of personal data
(1) Below we inform you about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data is all data that is personally traceable to you, such as your name, address, e-mail addresses and user behavior.
(2) The controller pursuant to Art. 4(7) of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is CemeCon AG, Adenauerstr. 20 A4, 52146 Würselen, +49 2405 44 70 100, infocemecon [dot] de, Germany (see also our imprint).
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or through a contact form, the information you provide (your e-mail address, name and telephone number, if applicable) will be stored by us to answer your questions. We delete data received in this regard once storage is no longer required, or we limit its processing in the case of statutory retention requirements.
(4) If we use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or if we would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you of the respective processes as set out below. We will also indicate the specified criteria for the retention period.
(1) You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- Your consent may be withdrawn at any time. If you withdraw your consent, we will no longer be allowed to continue data processing based on this consent in the future (see Art. 7(3) of the GDPR);
- Information about personal data processed by us (pursuant to Art. 15 of the GDPR). In particular, information regarding the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, planned retention period;
- Correction of incorrect information or completion of your personal data stored with us (pursuant to Art. 16 of the GDPR);
- To request the deletion of your personal data held by us, except where such processing is required to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfill a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (pursuant to Art. 17 of the GDPR);
- Restriction of the processing of your personal data if the legal requirements are met (see Art. 18 of the GDPR);
- To obtain your personal data provided to us in a structured, standard and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another controller in accordance with the provisions in Art. 20 of the GDPR;
- You may file a complaint with a supervisory authority, such as the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence and/or workplace or our office (see Art. 77 of the GDPR). For North Rhine-Westphalia and our company, this is the North Rhine-Westphalia Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information, Kavalleriestr. 2-4, 40213 Düsseldorf, Tel.: +49 (0)211 38424-0, Fax: +49 (0)211 38424-10, E-mail: poststelleldi [dot] nrw [dot] de
(2) You also have the right to file a complaint about the processing of your personal data by us with a data protection supervisory authority.
(3) Data processed by us is deleted or restricted in its processing in accordance with Articles 17 and 18 of the GDPR. Data stored by us is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary for its purpose and the deletion does not conflict with any statutory retention requirements. If deletion is not possible for legal reasons, a restriction is then imposed, which means that use other than for the mandatory retention obligation is excluded.
(4) We do not transmit your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed by us. We only transmit your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR;
- this is legally permitted and is required for the handling of contractual relationships with you, pursuant to Art. 6(1)(b) of the GDPR;
- in the event that disclosure pursuant to Art. 6(1)(c) of the GDPR is a legal obligation; as well as
- if the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR is required to assert, exercise or defend legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have a predominantly legitimate interest in not disclosing your data.
Collection of personal data when using our website
(1) In case you are using our website purely for informational purposes, i.e., if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we will only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which is technically necessary for us to display our website and to ensure its stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR):
- IP address
- Date and time of the inquiry
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Contents of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Quantity of data transmitted
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of browser software
(2) In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive, which are assigned by the browser you are using and through which the entity that places the cookie (in this case, us) receives certain information. Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to make the Internet offer more user-friendly and effective in general.
- Transient cookies, which are also used here (see also b) below)
- Persistent cookies, which are only used if you use the login function (see also c) below).
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser. These include session cookies in particular. These store a so-called session ID, which is used to assign various requests from your browser to the common session. This will allow your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. The session cookies are deleted when you log out or close the browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings according to how you want them, for example you can decline the acceptance of third-party cookies or all cookies. Please note that if you do this, you may not be able to use all the features of this website.
(4) We do not use a statistical evaluation of our website usage by external services.
Use of offers or content from third parties
As part of our website offer, based on our legitimate interests (in particular our interest in the optimization and economic operation of our online offer, Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR), content offers from third parties are used so that we can embed their content and services, such as maps or fonts. In order to make this possible, these third parties must receive the IP address of each user of our website. Without transmission of the IP address, it is not possible to make content available to the respective user, so this is required data.
We use content from third parties as follows:
Offers on social networks
We make offers available on selected social networks and platforms, with the purposes including the ability to communicate with the users who are active on such networks and platforms. When using these networks and platforms, such as Twitter and Facebook, their respective terms and conditions and data processing guidelines apply. In the context of these platforms, we process users' data if they communicate with us by means of these social networks and platforms, in which case the data entered by the users themselves or generated by their use is processed.
Our website is secured via the SSL (Secure Socket Layer, usually with 256-bit encryption) process. We use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against manipulation, loss, destruction or unauthorized access by third parties.
Validity and changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid as of May 2018.
It may be necessary to change this Privacy Statement should the legal or regulatory requirements change, for example. You can access and print out the current Privacy Statement at any time on our website at www.cemecon.de.